The Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf) is organising “Song Signing Remotely”, to perform the song, Reach out for the Skies.
The purpose of this project is to break the Singapore Book of Records of having the most number of people being trained using sign language to sign a song remotely online (using Zoom).
It will also showcase the beauty and versatility of sign language through song-signing, and to create interest among the public to learn about Deaf Culture and sign language, raising Deaf awareness.
The project is also SADeaf’s appreciation of our volunteers and has arranged this project to bring about joy and community spirit among the Deaf community.
Details as follows:
– Tentative project launch date is 12 December afternoon
– Song: Reach Out for the Skies
– 16 years old & above
– Knowledge of Sign Language (preferred)
– Song-Signing experience (preferred but not compulsory)
– Can commit to training sessions on Zoom
When are the training sessions?
– Training sessions are set on Thursdays.
– Training sessions has begun, the next training is on 8th October 2020 at 7pm.
– Please enter the online training session 30mins the start time to facilitate the marking of attendance and resolving of technical issues
How long and often are the training sessions?
– Sessions will depend on progress and the tentative duration is one and a half hours.
What is training like?
– First session will be going through all signs and movements, followed by a guide video being provided.
– If the progress is good, less training sessions will be necessary.
So, what are you waiting for?
Come join us for this fun and meaningful event to break the record together!
Submit your full name, contact number and email address to Pet at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp her at 88581081.