Learning Support Educator (ISS-LSE)
Learning Support related duties
- To provide face-to-face learning support sessions to students with hearing loss who are attending mainstream schools from preschool to secondary level in the areas of English, Mathematics and cognitive skills.
- To assess and identify educational/developmental needs of student with hearing loss,
- To review with the team the current assessment tools or purchase research-based academic resources / assessment tools.
- To educate students on self-advocacy skills.
- Develop, implement and review appropriate intervention plans in line with the student’s individual education plan and monitor progress.
- Liaise and work with teachers, parents and other stakeholders involved through schools visits, meetings, reviews etc.
- Plan and conduct workshops/activities during school holidays
- To work with Learning Support Educators in strategizing and meeting KPI as set by funders.
- To conduct review of Learning Support SOP and analyse processes for improvements.
- To be the liaison person for funder(s).
- To assist in planning and conduct outreach to stakeholders, including schools to increase awareness of ISS programme and hearing loss.
- To conduct review on assessment tools and make necessary recommendations.
- To work with ISS team on audits processes.
- To keep and maintain proper records and documentation for programme reporting and audit purposes.
- To attend and write minutes of meetings.
- To perform any other operational functions required by the ISS section or management.
- Ensure services and programmes are delivered in a professional and ethnical manner and recommend changes to meet current needs.
- Work collaboratively with a multi professional team.
Professional Skills Development:
- To work with learning support team to ensure professional competency by keeping current with latest skills and training courses, subject to approval by the immediate supervisor.
- Any other reasonable and lawful duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- At least a Bachelor degree
- Minimum, 3 years working experience in educational field / teaching profession / allied professional.
- Former mainstream teachers or Allied educators are welcome to apply.
- Candidate must apply for Instructor Registration Scheme (IRS) with MOE if selected.
- Singaporean and PR only.
Detailed resume and cover letter, including current and expected salary, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.