Free Interpretation Services
SADeaf Life and Ordinary members are entitled to 20 Free Interpretation Sessions (FIS) in a year.
Note that these are applicable to personal requests to be paid by clients.
Institutes/organisations which are making the service request for their clients/students are to refer to the standard rates (see next section).
Interpretation Service Charges for SADeaf Life and Ordinary Members (per interpreter)
- Each FIS is limited to four continuous hours per session.
- $10 per hour (for hours beyond the Free Interpretation Service on the same day).
- For members who have used up their FIS for the year, the following standard rates apply
- Registered Client: $10/hour, minimum payable of three hours ($30).
- Unregistered Individual: $30/hour, minimum payable of two hours ($60).
- Late Booking: $30 Levy Charge.
- Late Cancellation: $10 Levy Charge or forfeit of one FIS (for cancellations made less than 24 hours from start time of requested service).
- Minimum Charge is chargeable for cancellations made less than two hours before start of requested service. If you are using FIS for this session, one FIS will be forfeited.
- Actual billable duration of service is rounded up to the next hour.
For example, if service is provided for 2 hours 15 minutes, it will be billed as 3 hours of service.
4 Easy Steps to enjoy Free Interpretation Service (FIS)
Download the form below.
Fill it up before emailing back to us
Form (.PDF | .DOC)
Note that terms and conditions apply.
Please check the poster for details.
For tips on how to use the services provided by our interpreters or other queries, do have a look at our brochure and this comic strip!