The Professional & Workplace course is specifically designed to fit your communication requirements . We will tailor a curriculum to suit your special professional needs using common vernacular and vocabulary. This will help your employees better understand the communication needs of the Deaf community, or be better prepared to work with Deaf colleagues or clients.
The eight-week course programme aims to provide employers with the appropriate and relevant information about people who are Deaf or hard of hearing and provides an introduction to learning the sign language used by the Deaf community in Singapore.
The content of each session will vary according to the audience and context. Generally, we provide information on the following topics:
• Deaf Culture and Community
• Language and communication strategies
• Working with someone who is Deaf
• Support services for Deaf people
• SgSL vocabulary
• Customised theme based on your professional needs (i.e. healthcare, legal, tourism, etc.)
Minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 per class
Eight weeks, two hours per week, or it can be tailored to suit your needs.
This course gives your employees an opportunity to:
• create an accessible workplace for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
• improve your customer service quality
• allow your business to reach new markets
Course fee vary according to the programme which best meets your needs. We can customise the training to fit with your organisational requirements. The classes can be conducted at any time during working hours according to your organisation’s needs, and can be taught at your organisation or at the SADeaf premises. For classes outside SADeaf, travel expenses may be charged.