Free Notetaking Services
SADeaf Life and Ordinary members are entitled to 20 Free Notetaking Sessions (FNS) in a year.
Note that these are applicable to personal requests to be paid by clients.
Institutes/organisations which are making the service request for their clients/students are to refer to the standard rates (see next section).
Notetaking Charges for SADeaf Life and Ordinary Members (per note-taker)
- Each FNS is limited to four continuous hours per session.
- A maximum of two FNS can be utilised per day per client.
- $10 per hour (for hours beyond the Free Notetaking Service on the same day).
- For members who have used up their FNS for the year, the following standard rates apply
- Registered Client: $10/hour, minimum payable of three hours ($30).
- Unregistered Individual: $30/hour, minimum payable of two hours ($60).
- Late Booking: $30 Levy Charge or request to be charged as two FNS (for requests made within three working days before the date of requested service).
- Late Cancellation: $10 Levy Charge or forfeit of one FNS (for cancellations made less than 24 hours from start time of requested service).
- Minimum Charge is chargeable for cancellations made less than two hours before start of requested service. If you are using FNS for this session, one FNS will be forfeited.
- Actual billable duration of service is rounded up to the next hour.
For example, if service is provided for 2 hours 15 minutes, it will be billed as 3 hours of service
- Requests for different modules/subjects/nature of lessons (lectures/tutorials/practicals) will be considered as separate requests.